Leafpacks Home Final 2019-05-06T05:17:19+00:00

The future on a leaf

The future
on a leaf

LeafPacks are plates made with natural fibers. These fibers are recolected and processed under fair-trade criteria by the hands of rural communities. LeafPacks seeks to relieve the planet from the consumption of plastic in the food industry through a sanitary safe, visually attractive and 100% biodegradable and compostable alternative.

LeafPacks is founded on working at the consumer’s sensitivity towards these issues and its active role in changing habits of mass consumption. It is a product well-made in Ecuador, with social and environmental responsability.

@leafpacks+(593) 098 443 2812
According to studies conducted by the World Economic Forum and the United Nations Environment Programme, of the 300 million tons of plastic produced in 2016, at least 8 million ended up in the sea. Likewise, in the year 2050 there could be more plastic than fishes in the sea. It is estimated that we will need three planets to maintain humanity.

This is due to the fact that at large, only the 14% of bags, restaurant trays, product boxes, bottles and food packages available in the market are recyclable. This means that the other 86% is discarded after only one use.

This reality has forced societies as a whole – included States and their institutions, educative systems, bussinesses, entrepreneurs and people- to take urgent, pertinent and common action towards reversing those figures and mending the damage caused to our natural environment.

From that common necessity Leafpacks was born, a brand of disposable plates 100% biodegradable and compostable made with natural fibers, recollected under fair trade criteria, seeking to relieve the planet from the consumption of plastics in the food industry, through a sanitary safe and visually attractive alternative.

LeafPacks looks forward to develop strategic alliances that will allow to shape the construction of public policies that will encourage the use of biodegradable plates, with special atention to national parks, protected areas and similar places.

Products

Big Square Plate

26 x 26 cm

Big Round Plate

26cm in diameter

Medium Round Plate

20cm in diameter

Small Round Plate

15cm in diameter

Gallery

About us

Mission

LeafPacks mission is to produce the best biodegradable plates in the ecuatorian market through innovative processes of production and commercialization. Working under fair trade criteria, seeking to relieve the planet from the consumption of plastics in the food industry.

Vision

In two years, LeafPacks will be recognized as a pioneer brand in the production of biodegradable tableware in the ecuatorian market. Promoting changes in the behaviour of society appealing to the sensibility towards environmental issues and consequently transforming consumption habits.

General Aims

Relieve the planet from the consumption of plastic in the food industry through a sanitary safe, visually attractive and 100% biodegradable and compostable alternative.

Specific Aims

  • To encourage changes in the behaviour of society through sensibilization, appeal to individual action and social co-responsability in caring after the natural environment.
  • To influence positively in the consumption habits of society related to the use of disposable plastic tableware.
  • To replace the use of disposable products, specially plastic tableware (synthetic polymers: polystyrene, polyethylene, polypropylene,polyurethane, etc), with bioplates.
  • To impulse the construction of public policies that will encourage the use of biodegradable tableware to replace the disposable plastic ones, with special atention to national parks, protected areas, areas of massive recreation and similar places.

Our Values

  • Innovation
  • Sustainability
  • Sustainability
  • Cooperation
  • Creativity
  • Solidarity
  • Environmental consciousness
  • Common Wellbeing

What is Makisami?

Makisami is a word in kichwa that means “hands of success”, and it is the name of a family bussiness, guided by humain principles of associativity and cooperativism, which have allowed them to enter fair trade markets and to proyect themselves as an example of an environtamentally friendly and socially responsable administration.
Contact Us