The future on a leaf
on a leaf
on a leaf
LeafPacks are plates made with natural fibers. These fibers are recolected and processed under fair-trade criteria by the hands of rural communities. LeafPacks seeks to relieve the planet from the consumption of plastic in the food industry through a sanitary safe, visually attractive and 100% biodegradable and compostable alternative.
LeafPacks is founded on working at the consumer’s sensitivity towards these issues and its active role in changing habits of mass consumption. It is a product well-made in Ecuador, with social and environmental responsability.
This is due to the fact that at large, only the 14% of bags, restaurant trays, product boxes, bottles and food packages available in the market are recyclable. This means that the other 86% is discarded after only one use.
This reality has forced societies as a whole – included States and their institutions, educative systems, bussinesses, entrepreneurs and people- to take urgent, pertinent and common action towards reversing those figures and mending the damage caused to our natural environment.
From that common necessity Leafpacks was born, a brand of disposable plates 100% biodegradable and compostable made with natural fibers, recollected under fair trade criteria, seeking to relieve the planet from the consumption of plastics in the food industry, through a sanitary safe and visually attractive alternative.
LeafPacks looks forward to develop strategic alliances that will allow to shape the construction of public policies that will encourage the use of biodegradable plates, with special atention to national parks, protected areas and similar places.
Big Square Plate
26 x 26 cm
Big Round Plate
26cm in diameter
Medium Round Plate
20cm in diameter
Small Round Plate
15cm in diameter
- To encourage changes in the behaviour of society through sensibilization, appeal to individual action and social co-responsability in caring after the natural environment.
- To influence positively in the consumption habits of society related to the use of disposable plastic tableware.
- To replace the use of disposable products, specially plastic tableware (synthetic polymers: polystyrene, polyethylene, polypropylene,polyurethane, etc), with bioplates.
- To impulse the construction of public policies that will encourage the use of biodegradable tableware to replace the disposable plastic ones, with special atention to national parks, protected areas, areas of massive recreation and similar places.
- Environmental consciousness
- Common Wellbeing